Tuesday 19 April 2011

Macadamia Crazy

I love macadamia nuts.  Like.  LOOOOOVE.  But they're hard to get here in the Great White North.  Trust me - I look all the time.  And they're VERY expensive. 

So when a co-worker was heading to Montana for the weekend, I put a bug in his ear about bringing me some baking nuts.  I will admit that my Parental Units brought me whole macadamia nuts from Hawaii, and I could chop them up and use them.  To be perfectly honest - my opinion is that these few precious cans of nuts are pretty much gold and only to be enjoyed whole and on their own.  Yum.

When my co-worker showed up to work the following week, he pulled out a bag and inside there were THREE bags of baking macadamias inside!  YAAAAY!!!!  He also brought me a little box of Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade - which you cannot get here at all, and is so delicious.  (I will definitely be picking up a whole bunch of that when I'm on vacation!)  I was so thrilled I could hardly wait to come home.

Now - the last post was about my "Uninteresting Recipes" and the crappy weather and the headaches that are pretty much strapping me to the couch.  But I talked myself into the kitchen and decided to make some cookies - because I COULD NOT WAIT!!!  Also - I promised cookies to my co-worker.

I tried two different recipes.  Let's call them Macadamia Nut Cookies A and Macadamia Nut Cookies B.

Macadamia Nut Cookies A. This one has only white sugar in it - and I thought that the ratios were a little off....  And I was worried because I thought the dough was really grainy and it would show up in the final product.  But it didn't and they were delicious!!!!

Macadamia Nut Cookies B.  This one has both brown and white sugar in it - the ratios seemed a little bit more on par....  If that makes sense.  The dough texture was much less worrisome.  These ALSO were delicious!!! 

The problem becomes - I ONLY need ONE recipe.  There's no point in having two recipes.  And I have no idea which one it should be - because they are both wonderful.

You may notice this tends to be a problem for me.  I can never decide things like that.  Good grief.  I hope I don't run into this problem with EVERYTHING.

So - a couple of cookies from each batch are going to my co-worker and he will help me pick.  I hope.

I've never frozen fresh cookies before.  Have you???  I can't just leave them in a container on the counter and go back to work tomorrow - so they are in the freezer - hopefully they will come out of the freezer and not be destroyed.  It would be a sad sad day.

I'm sure I'll have an update later on about which recipe was chosen and how the cookies came out of the freezer.

This is the Cane Girl - signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment