Friday 19 April 2013

Texas Trash Dip

I love recipes that have weird names. 

Seriously.  The weirder the better.

Weird names always create excitement and anticipation.

Plus - if you think about your old family recipes - they always have weird names.

So, Texas Trash Dip.

I've been watching it pop up on Pinterest and I could hardly control my curiosity.  I finally got a chance to make it and I was totally thrilled.

There are a couple different versions rolling around, and I decided to use the one from Bogards Best Dishes.


I wanted the mixture to be as smooth as possible, so I combined everything with my stand mixer.

Or perhaps that's just laziness.

Mix together the cream cheese.


Sour cream and taco seasoning.


Then stir in the refried beans.


Combine the two types of cheese. 


Mix half of the cheese into the bean mixture.


Spread the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.


Spread the remaining cheese over top of the bean mixture.


Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.


Serve with tortilla chips.  I like Scoops.


I wondered how it would turn out....  It smelled really good while it was baking.

The dip turned out smooth and creamy and yummy, yummy. 

And it makes a LOT.  But I think it could be easily halved and baked in an 8 x 8 inch pan.


Whip this one out for your next movie night - I'll wait for the thank-yous.

The Cane girl.

Texas Trash Dip

1 8 ounce package cream cheese
2 cans refried beans
1 cup sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded monterey pepper jack cheese
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning until smooth.
  3. Stir in the refried beans.
  4. Combine the cheddar and pepper jack.
  5. Stir 2 cups of cheese into the bean mixture.
  6. Spread the bean mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
  7. Top with the remaining cheese.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
Source:  Bogards Best Dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment