Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Boss Burger

The Boss (burger).
 
 
 
No really.
 
That's what it's called.
 
I made these burgers for Father's Day (for my brother), because I was trying to be cheeky.
 
I feel like I was fairly successful.  Also, they were AWESOME.
 
Have you ever had a fried egg on a burger?  It's like cutting a slab of butter and putting on the burger and calling it a day.  Except you can pretend it's "healthy" because - eggs.
 
Start with the bun.  Obs.  Then the patty.  I believe the cheese I used was either mozzarella or monterey jack.  You can choose whatever cheese floats your boat.  I bet cheddar would be marvelous.
  
 
Then some bacon.
 
Oh glorious day.

 
Then a fried egg.  I'm seriously no expert in the art of frying eggs.  I would have liked the yolk to be a little more runny.  And for the egg to be a little more round and pretty.  (It was still pretty great!) 

 
Then that all gets topped with a salsa verde and pico de gallo.

 
Like so.

 
Then top bun.

 
I also happened to have some leftover chipotle mayo sauce from the Texican burger, so we slathered some on the top bun.
 
I wildly recommend doing that.

 
Oh dear I loved this burger too!  There's a lot going on - but it all works together for some strange, glorious reason.
 
I don't like to ask questions about why that happens.
 
See why I've been hoarding them?!  But now I feel terribly guilty because I want you to share in the deliciousness that are all the burgers.
 
The timing is a little tricky on these ones.  But if you start the eggs IMMEDIATELY after you put the burgers on, they should be done in time for the burgers and won't get cold.
 
How is it already August 19th?  It's freaking me out.

xoxo - Heather

The Boss Burger
1 batch hamburger patties
1 batch hamburger buns
Cheese slices (mozzarello, monterey jack, cheddar)
Bacon (cooked to desired doneness)
Fried Eggs
Salsa Verde (homemade or storebought)
Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)


Pico de Gallo
2 roma tomatoes, seed and chop
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (you can leave this out completely if you want)
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Salt
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Set aside to allow the flavors to meld. (can be made a couple of hours in advance)
Chipotle Mayo
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
2 - 3 canned chipotle peppers with 1 Tbsp sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
  2. Blend well.
  3. Refrigerate to allow flavors to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment